End of SBS allocation scheme¶
The School of Biological Sciences ‘SBS’ resource allocation scheme ended on 31 Dec 2022.
Any PIs and users still wishing to retain their current storage projects should respond to the automated renewal notices sent from the self-service portal prior to 31 Dec. Or alternatively, contact the servicedesk at email@example.com for assistance in identifying the relevant projects or migrating the data elsewhere.
From 1 January 2023¶
- Any storage projects not yet renewed have been flagged as ‘suspended’ in the storage portal.
- Data owners and managers can still generate quotes and submit purchase orders to renew, which will be automatically backdated to be effective from 1 Jan.
- Access to data is still possible during the 30 day grace period for late renewals, after which access to the data will be lost.
From 30 January 2023 (end of grace period)¶
- User access to unrenewed projects will be lost.
- All data in projects will only be accessible on request. Access will be provided in a read-only mode in cases where it is necessary to migrate data to an alternative location on CSD3 or offsite.
From 1 July 2023¶
- In accordance with our terms and conditions, data may be deleted without further notice if no attempt has been made to contact us to renew or arrange migration elsewhere.
If you have any questions or concerns about the ending of the scheme and impact on your data, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.